Fun Facts about the Month of August
(in a mini newsletter)
Click on the links below and print a professional-looking, two-page mini newsletter with fun facts about the month—such as the birthstone, flower of the month, famous birthdays, and other monthly trivia.
Monthly Gazette Options
Ideas & Uses for The Monthly Gazette
- Post a copy of The Monthly Gazette on your bulletin board next to your monthly calendar. It will stimulate lots of spontaneous discussions.
- Make copies to pass out at the beginning of the month. Also, place copies in your library and on your one-to-one cart.
- Use The Monthly Gazette as an insert for your monthly newsletter.
- Copy the fun facts, quotes, zodiac signs, famous birthdays, etc. to use as fillers in your newsletter.
- Get ideas for activities, decorating themes, and special celebrations.
- Plan a "Welcome _______ (month) Chit Chat" on the first day of the month. Use the information in The Monthly Gazette to stimulate discussion.
- Plan a "Welcome _______ (month) Party." Use the color of the month, flower of the month, etc., for decorating ideas. During the party, discuss some of the interesting facts about the month.
- Research the birthstone of the month and plan a "gem" of a discussion. Also, plan a gardening activity around the flower of the month.
- Ask the craft class to make centerpieces for your dining room tables using the flower of the month. Put a container of the flowers at your reception desk, along with a sign "Flower of the Month."
- Use the information in The Monthly Gazette to make personalized birthday flyers (i.e., "Mary's Special Month") and send them in place of birthday cards. (See above.)