Some features of this site are not compatible with older versions of Internet Explorer. Upgrade your browser to better experience this site.
This course is approved by both the NCCAP and the NAAPCC for 4 CE Hours.
This course covers the following topics:
• A brief history of aid to the needy elderly
• How changes in society have changed how the elderly are cared for
• How residences for the elderly poor have changed
• The variety of people and groups who have tried to help
• How we have determined who is “needy enough” when funds are limited
• The laws that resulted in dramatic changes
• Medical model to social model; treating illness to supporting well-being
• The rise in varied activities and the professionalism of staff who offer them
• Person-centered care, relationship building and culture change