Fun Facts about the Month of June
(in a mini newsletter)
Click on the image and print a professional-looking, two-page mini newsletter with fun facts about the month - such as the birthstone, flower of the month, famous birthdays, and other monthly trivia.
Other Monthly Gazettes
Personalized Birthday Flyer - If you want, replace "Your Special Month" with the person's name (i.e. "Mary's Special Month"). You can also replace the introductory paragraph with something more personal. ("This month is extra special because you were born on _______.") When you are finished, print a copy and send it out in place of a birthday card.
Ideas & Uses for The Monthly Gazette
- Post a copy of The Monthly Gazette on your bulletin board next to your monthly calendar. It will stimulate lots of spontaneous discussions.
- Make copies to pass out at the beginning of the month. Also, place copies in your library and on your one-to-one cart.
- Use The Monthly Gazette as an insert for your monthly newsletter.
- Copy the fun facts, quotes, zodiac signs, famous birthdays, etc. to use as fillers in your newsletter.
- Get ideas for activities, decorating themes, and special celebrations.
- Plan a "Welcome _______ (month) Chit Chat" on the first day of the month. Use the information in The Monthly Gazette to stimulate discussion.
- Plan a "Welcome _______ (month) Party." Use the color of the month, flower of the month, etc., for decorating ideas. During the party, discuss some of the interesting facts about the month.
- Research the birthstone of the month and plan a "gem" of a discussion. Also, plan a gardening activity around the flower of the month.
- Ask the craft class to make centerpieces for your dining room tables using the flower of the month. Put a container of the flowers at your reception desk, along with a sign "Flower of the Month."
- Use the information in The Monthly Gazette to make personalized birthday flyers (i.e., "Mary's Special Month") and send them in place of birthday cards. (See above.)