Decorative Tropical Fish Drawing
by Cyndi Bellerose
Have fun drawing colorful designs and doodles on dark paper to decorate a tropical fish.
Click on the image to print the list of supplies, the step-by-step directions, a fish pattern, and a picture of a completed drawing to show your artists. Everything you need is in one PDF file.
Paint by Numbers
June Adult Pages
Uses & Tips
- For the "canvas" - Print the drawings on any paper that will fit your printer.
Tips: Construction paper (cut to size) works great with pastels and charcoals. Print the drawing right onto a piece of watercolor paper and when the paint is applied, you will have a very professional-looking piece of artwork.
- For mediums - Use felt-tipped markers, watercolors, pastels, charcoals, crayons, colored pens, and colored pencils.
- Draw it yourself - Use the drawings as "models" and try to copy by freehand.
- Frame it - With interesting subjects and adult themes, the finished pictures can be framed and proudly hung on the wall.
- Other uses
- Cut the colored pictures into pieces to make mini puzzles.
- Save the drawings over several months and put together your own coloring book.
Stained Glass Technique. Lisa Krall reports that her artists love this technique. First, using a cotton ball, cover an entire black-and-white drawing with salad oil. After blotting up the excess oil with a paper towel, color the picture with colored chalk. When the picture is hung in the light, it looks like stained glass. Or, Lynne Beal suggests coloring the picture first with colored pencils; then apply the oil, which also produces a stained glass look. Let us know which technique your artists choose to use and how the art turns out.
Do you have a special artist in your community? We would love to exhibit their work here on Activity Connection.
Just take a picture or scan in the person's painting, drawing, or other project and attach it to an email. Send the email to:
If you would like, include a few sentences about the artist and even a photo.
View the Gallery
You don't need to be an Activity Connection subscriber to view the gallery, so feel free to share the link with family members and friends.